Posted by Relationship Expert on
- Other Apps
1. Fake partner bear rotten fruit. "Beware of false prophets who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruit. Do men gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles? Even so, every good tree bears good fruit. But a corrupt tree bears evil fruit" (Matt. 7:15-17).
Though this verse mentions false prophets, you can also identify a fake partner with a fruit inspection just the same. Fake partner makes a lot of promises but doesn't do the works to back up their words. A fake partner may tell you what you want to hear with words smooth as butter (Ps. 55:21) to get on your good side just because they want something from you, but when you need them, they are nowhere to be found.
2. Fake partner betrays your trust and stabs you in the back. The Bible says faithful are the wounds of a friend (Prov. 27:6), but that's in the context of a friend correcting an error in your life that you can't see. Sort of like iron sharpening iron. That's a lot different from someone who speaks cruel words behind your back or betrays your confidence.
That reminds me of an incident back when I was in a higher institution. There was this lady, also a colleague of ours who pass the night with one of our friends, and they had a nice time together (as the world will call it), and when our guy came to school the following day, he narrated the whole story to us. And while we were cracking the jokes with the matter, the lady passed by, and it became so glaring to her that we were actually discussing what happened last night. She was very shameful of herself, and you could clearly see that written all over her face.
That's very bad of my friend some of you will say, but let's not forget that Judas betrayed Jesus with a kiss (Luke 22:47-48). Fake partner will feed on your good will or naivety and still go on to betray you, betray your trust.
3. Fake partner won't respect your godly boundaries. Fake partner doesn't have any respect for your boundaries or your morals. They don't care if you've set your heart never to engage in sexual activities before marriage or not, in as long as it is okay for him/her, everything is okay. They don’t care if you sin against God and your conscience to please them. They will tempt you to spend your time in ways that do not glorify God. Take Paul's advice: "Do not be so deceived and misled! Evil companionships (communion, associations) corrupt and deprave good manners and morals and character" (1 Cor.15:33, AMP).
4. Fake partner won't show you kindness when you're in need. The Bible encourages us not to withhold goodwill from those to whom it is due when it is in the power of your hand to do it (Prov. 3:27). Many times, when we're going through a trial, we need kindness. Kindness is a fruit of the Spirit, and any partner operating in the fruit of the Spirit will show you kindness in a time of need. But fake partner doesn't have your best interest at heart, and they won't offer genuine kindness. Job 6:14 puts it this way, "A despairing man should be shown kindness from his friend, or he forsakes the fear of the Almighty" (MEV).
5. The fake partner brings strife and division into your life. Proverbs 16:26-28 warns, "An ungodly man digs up evil, and on his lips, there is as a burning fire. A perverse man sows strife, and a whisperer separates the best of friends." The fake partner brings drama and bad blood into your relationships with them and with other people. If someone is nothing but drama or is working to separate you from good friends and families who love you, take caution.
A lady once visited her fiancé and met the guy’s junior sister that just came from Ibadan to greet her brother in Lagos (both cities are in Nigeria), and she became uncomfortable with her fiancé in her sister’s presence. She then asked the guy when his sister is going back. And that one said in the next two days.
But to her surprise, she came the third day and still met this lady. At that point, she voiced out to her fiancé that what is your sister still doing with you? Has not her two days visit ended? And for that reason, the guy immediately ended the relationship.
Imagine a lady that is still on the way but doesn’t want to see your family. Believe me, when you get married, she will send everybody you treasure away from you. Such a lady isn’t good for you and should be discarded to give room to the original.
Proverbs 18:24 speaks of a friend who sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 17:17 reveals how a friend loves at all times.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 tells us: "Two are better than one because there is a good reward for their labor together. For if they fall, and then one will help up his companion." And Hebrews 10:24-25 admonishes us: "And let us consider how to spur one another to love and to good works. Let us not forsake the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but let us exhort one another, especially as you see the Day approaching."
The the article is written by: Kehinde Pius O
Missionary, blogger, life coach and anti-suicidal advocate
Visit www.notosuicidalthoughts.com for more articles by the writer.
Or you contact him on email@example.com